• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oblivion question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCnewbee

i hope this is in the right forum didnt know where else to ask.

Is any one playing oblivion on a x2 4800+? I have downloaded the update from the website and installed it, but it seem like if i hold the shift button down to run the gu walks instead and then the game kinda goes into a glitch and the sound jumps likes a cd skipping and the game slows way the hell down, got 4 gigs of corsair ram on a asus A8N_sli deluxe amd x2 4800+ envida 7950gx2 video card. 2 seagate hdd's 320gb 7200 rpm perpendicular writing. cooled by thermaltake liquid cooling. any thats? is it do to the fact of the dual core cpu?

I doubt its your hardware thats giving you the problems ....

Are you sure you dont have the shift key binned to another program besides oblivion ?

You got the drivers installed for you mobo/vcard ?

Need more info ...

yeah the bios is the latest off the web site same as the chipset, audio and all others. i will check out the driver on the video card i installed the on off the cd, but will check the web site for any newer ones. and no other programs were running the the time in the background. in still using the onboard audio card.

You downloaded an Oblivion update? Did it work properly before you installed the new update?

OBLIVION PATCH v1.1.511
Oblivion_v1.1FinalEnglish.exe (1.6 MB) 06/06/2006
This patch is for North American (English) versions.

This patch is NOT compatible with copies purchased via direct2drive or localized versions of Oblivion.

View patch release notes

MIRROR SITES
3D Gamers - 3D Downloads - FilePlanet - WorthPlaying - FileFront - GameDaily - StrategyInformer - GameSpot - Direct2Drive

this is the one i downloaded. did i get the right one?

Had the same problem, restarting the game always fixed it. Are you turning your machine off every few hours to clear the memory?

Also try turning down your resolution.

dfonda said:
Had the same problem, restarting the game always fixed it. Are you turning your machine off every few hours to clear the memory?

Also try turning down your resolution.

Video card is at 1680x1050 dell 2007wfp take 1680x1050 and game is set at 1680x1050.

redrumy3 said:
yep patch 1.1511
also did u do dual core patch?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429

dope couldnt find it thanks will try that out and see if that cures the problem.

i know the video card is capable of handling the game its got 1gig of gddr3 ram 48 pipeline pixels its a very beefy card. i will give a shot at the dual ocre patch. will all games do this on a dual core cpu? cause it seems like farcry, rainbowsix3, aom titans, half life2, all play.

thanks guys

I had/have a similar problem. Frankly I didn't mind I prefer running all the time and having to hold shift to walk and I didn't get any performance hits. For me it was random times when I'd start the game that it would be shift = run, then at random shift would = walk again...

ok somethings going on here. now it works before i updated the driver on the video card. i did the update but havent played yet, but before the update the damn game was playing so sickeningly smooth it was awsome?????? WTF!:confused: ghost reeacon advanced warfighter plays awsome with no glitch, i did do the x2 patch, didnt want to risk f'ing up the registry. im happy so far all the games i install work perfectly. hopefully the new driver on the card makes a difference.:)
by the way go right now and buy ghost reacon advanced warfighter. the sickest game ever in the series. WOW!!!

Doesn't holding down shift or alt for a certain amoutn of time trigger the windows disablity settings or turn somethign like that on?

not that i know of. but starcraft plays with no clitches the same for C&C tiberian sun red alert2 and so on i wonder of the bios or anything else some something to do with it? all my games i have installed thus far work great even oblivion now so i dont know what i did but they work great. I'm in heaven.:beer: :beer: :beer: still got the old school rainbow six games to install. :D

FastRedPonyCar said:
Doesn't holding down shift or alt for a certain amoutn of time trigger the windows disablity settings or turn somethign like that on?

Yeah I was going to say that sometime ago, but then I thought maybe it was the game and dual core or something else.

The disability thing is annoying and now everytime I reformat thats one of the things on my checklist to disable. If you hold down the shift key for more than 5 seconds something happens, forgot what. Go to Control panel->Accessibility options and turn everything off.

ok is this error due to the fact the game doesnt know which cpu to use?

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2415 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 (9147)

Cannot load package ..\Animations\R6Rainbow_UKX.ukx: it was saved with version 412 (current version is 294)

History: FPackageFileSummary::VerifyPackageVersion <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class R6Engine.R6InteractiveObject R6Engine) <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Back