• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bunch of potential new folders!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
So a few weeks ago I made a facebook group called "help cure cancer with folding@home"(or something like that) and invited everyone on my friens list to join. So far only 38 people have joined the group, but I don't know how many of them are actually participating. What I did was edit the one-click config file for the username=facebook and team is of course 32! I checked today and so far at least one person is participating:D

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=facebook

So if we have any more team 32 facebookers, join the group and invite all your friends! Hopefully we'll be able to get a bunch of people to join and participate. The way I see it, most college students are on facebook and that's a WHOLE BUNCH of people. The ppd possibilities are endless...
BTW, there's another folding@home group on there, but that's not the one we want. Look for the one with pic that says "protein folding" and has a protein on it.
(when you join the group shoot me a pm on there and I'll make you a group admin, I'm the only admin so I'll be easy to find)

*Edit: Group linky: http://gpc.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204753456

*Edit: Not the only admin now, dz_jad and TalRW are too! I'm trent rockport on facbook btw. Don't know where that name came from but it's not mine!

Last edited:
so it turns out my brother's computer is NOT a dual core, he's just not very up to date what AMD 64 is :p but! A hand full (5 to be exact, as of posting this) of my friends from high school have joined the group!! SWEET! Hope then end up installing and crunching!

Anyone know how to make people group admins? I can't seem to figure it out all I can do is make people officers(whatever that's for):bang head

Back