• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding and Ubuntu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hitbyaprkedcar7

Hey everyone, i just have a few questions id like to run by you folding and linux pro's out there. I have an HP celleryD 2.93ghz PC that im gonna set up for dedicated folding + email. Iv wanted to try a distro of linux for the longest time and iv heard great things about ubuntu. The most linux expierence iv had is usign RedHat via SSH with just the command console, no graphics; its my webserver (which i have folding as well :))

How good is Ubuntu with folding? What optimizations/changes should i use for linux? Anything else i need to know? Also, how well does linux fold compared to windows?

Thanks everyone :)

P.S. instead of starting a new thread, i figured id post this as a p.s. question. If i have a linux box running apache and hosting two websites (not super heavy on traffic, but decent), how much will folding affect load times? That particular linux box is hooked up to a T1 connection

I have a little Dell running Ubuntu and it folds nicely, no faster or slower then Windows IMO. The linux client is virtually identical to the Windows or Mac text-based clients, I use the same flags between both of the Dell PIII folders in my sig.

Back