• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

31 pin DF9 to VGA/DVI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

princeofdarknes

Are there any 31pin DF9 lcd display converters to VGA or DVI, cuz I wanna take my old laptop's display and stick it to the side of my main monitor and put stuffs on it. I think it'd be cool, and a good project.

Here's the labled pin layout to it so you can see what i'm talking about
http://www.geocities.com/p9019/lcd/LCD_Panel_Pinout.html

I've looked around and searched the forums, can't find anything on it, maybe I didnt look hard enough though.
If any one has any experience in this I'd like the help.

I was hoping it'd be a simple vga with a proprietary connector, which would've been easy just to rewire, but its not.

Thanx
-prince

wow, that looks cool, i'm about to try that. Although I'd still like an adaptor, because i dont want the rest of the laptop taking up space, but i'm gonna try that.

I've saw so mething like this but the one i saw utilized the other pc's processor when the window gets onto the other, but this laptop is an old P II, so i didnt want that

Back