• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reservoirs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
So I have a WC-202 that uses 6/8mm hoses and I'm trying to switch out the WC-202's rez/pump.

I already have the pump I want: A Sicce Nova, which does 800 L/h

The type of rez I would like is something like this alphacool:

http://www.alphacool.de/xt/product_...-alphacool-agb-eheim-600-station-ii-230v.html

My pump is the same size as the 600 L/H Eheim that is inside that thing.

Of course the problem is they don't sell the rez without the pump inside.

This is a pain in the ***.

There is also no other way I know of to connect my particular pump without it being in the rez.

So what rez would you recommend? I've already found the 1/4 inch to 6/8mmm barbs I would need to go into my WC-202 waterblock and radiator... (I'll eventually be getting rid of the WC-202 radiator, and somewhere much farther down the line the waterblock.) But I'm hoping the increase in speed and a more efficient rez will give me lower temps.

Reccommendations?

rainless said:
There is also no other way I know of to connect my particular pump without it being in the rez.

So what rez would you recommend?
Uh, hook up some water lines and power it up. What makes you think it has to be underwater to work?

Don't bother using a rez. It' a waste of money and a T-line works just as good.

I buildt and used this rez for about a year. It was nice to look at and all, but was a PITA.

Attachments

• Rez 640.jpg
    Rez 640.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 395
billb said:
Uh, hook up some water lines and power it up. What makes you think it has to be underwater to work?

Don't bother using a rez. It' a waste of money and a T-line works just as good.

I buildt and used this rez for about a year. It was nice to look at and all, but was a PITA.

Granted if I could FIND a T-line for my pump I wouldn't need a reservoir. I'm mainly concerned about leaks I guess. The rez I linked to is so perfect...

running the pump in the water makes the water get the heat dump. Then again there are people who say that it doesn't matter and it won't effect temps. But why bother going through the extra work of WC setup vs air, if you didn't care about that kinda small details.

Also setup a T-Line. It does 800gph but what's the head on it?

And I don't see how you can't find a T line. You just need a T-Barbed (fudge i can't remember the name). I just picked one up at Lowe's today for like $0.32

u cannot find a teeline, u have to make one ;)

basically u need something like this and attach some tubing which is long enough on the "T-part"

make sure flow goes like this
|
|
flow> __|__ > flow

Dragoon42 said:
running the pump in the water makes the water get the heat dump. Then again there are people who say that it doesn't matter and it won't effect temps. But why bother going through the extra work of WC setup vs air, if you didn't care about that kinda small details.

Also setup a T-Line. It does 800gph but what's the head on it?

And I don't see how you can't find a T line. You just need a T-Barbed (fudge i can't remember the name). I just picked one up at Lowe's today for like $0.32

Oh here we go with the head again... :)

It gets 1.6 meters versus the 1.5 meters of the Eheim in that picture. Also (I know you can't see the pic that well) The way that it's constructed isn't particularly well suited for attaching anything to it. If I could somehow get tubing to come out of the top of the thing without producing a leak... (There's NO barbs on the thing. It's the kind of pump with just that little plastic thing coming out of the top) That's my main concern. But I will look around for T-lines tomorrow. I know where I can get them, just have to find something that will fit my tubing.

Like I said, I've already found a place that has 8/10 to 6/8mm barbs. Just have to get some clamps and a T-line now. We'll see how it goes! Here's a pic of my pump:

And a link: http://www.sicce.com/prodotti.php?id_sez=5&id=19

All questions answered.

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 351
rainless said:
Oh here we go with the head again... :)
There is an adaptor available. This and a plastic tee or wye will get you a T-line.
And, before you ask...stop by my house and do the grocery shopping for two weekends and when you're done I'll Google the address and phone number of SICCE for ya!

Attachments

• Nova Pup.jpg
    Nova Pup.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
billb said:
There is an adaptor available. This and a plastic tee or wye will get you a T-line.
And, before you ask...stop by my house and do the grocery shopping for two weekends and when you're done I'll Google the address and phone number of SICCE for ya!

It actually comes with that adaptor. No groceries for you! :)

It's just that the adaptor doesn't necessarily strike me as water tight, plus it's like 16mm. But hey! You never know until you try.

rainless said:
It actually comes with that adaptor. No groceries for you! :)

It's just that the adaptor doesn't necessarily strike me as water tight, plus it's like 16mm. But hey! You never know until you try.
Well, I like grocery shopping anyway :)

Glue it in place with a silicone sealant. I've done that with Eheims, they have the same setup.

16mm is 0.63 inches...plenty big, isn't it?

billb said:
Well, I like grocery shopping anyway :)

Glue it in place with a silicone sealant. I've done that with Eheims, they have the same setup.

16mm is 0.63 inches...plenty big, isn't it?

Too big actually. I'm using 6/8 mm tubing in my watercooling setup. I'd have to find one HELL of an adapter for it... Like I said I already found 8/10 to 6/8, so I've got the top part covered. Now where the devil am I going to find 16mm to 6/8?

rainless said:
I'm using 6/8 mm tubing in my watercooling setup.
I can see that being used if you're building a "quiet" type system...but anything under 10mm will severely limit performance.

billb said:
I can see that being used if you're building a "quiet" type system...but anything under 10mm will severely limit performance.

The tubing for the pump, and I suspect the radiator will be 12mm. (Going with a 76 Bonneville heatercore). My block just happens to take 6/8 and I can't afford a new block right now.

Immortal_Hero said:
Seems very complex, why not just get a D5 pump?

Couple of reasons really:

1. I have no idea what a D5 pump is :)
2. I already have a pump.

You could add that I don't have anymore money too... but that can be assumed by the fact that I don't already have some sort of awesome setup. The whole Core2Duo upgrade set me back a pretty penny. And high-end water cooling wasn't going to save my soul. At this point I'm upgrading everything piece by piece.

First my WC-202 pump and Rad have to go. Already got the pump. My father back in Chicago is really into cars, so he's going to send me the heater core. Got plenty of fans laying around. Eventually I'll upgrade the block, but that will be a new job from now.

rainless said:
Couple of reasons really:

1. I have no idea what a D5 pump is :)
2. I already have a pump.

You could add that I don't have anymore money too... but that can be assumed by the fact that I don't already have some sort of awesome setup. The whole Core2Duo upgrade set me back a pretty penny. And high-end water cooling wasn't going to save my soul. At this point I'm upgrading everything piece by piece.

First my WC-202 pump and Rad have to go. Already got the pump. My father back in Chicago is really into cars, so he's going to send me the heater core. Got plenty of fans laying around. Eventually I'll upgrade the block, but that will be a new job from now.

The D5 is one of the best pumps out there. Obivously there are better, but it's hard to beat. It's a little more expensive than most pumps, but you pay for quality. Mine is very strong and it was actually too strong for my rez initially. The tube extension inside the rez was shooting a stream of water into the top of the rez creating more bubbles than it eliminated! Some people prefer the DDC pump with an aftermarket top. I'm ignorant on these pumps though. I highly recommend the D5. It's top notch and has a variable setting so you can make it push more or less water.

Alien1099 said:
You only buy quality once. You will by sub-par stuff multiple times or you will be unsatisfied. ;)
I learned that the expensive way... but e-bay makes it hurt a little less... :D

Back