• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coolsleves for large OD tubes???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wun911

I want coolsleves but I have tubes that are 3/4 inch OD and the swiftec cool sleves only wrap around tubes that are 5/8 inch OD.

What is a suitable substitute for coolsleves?

Something that is cheaper and acomodates larger tubes

Yeah I decided to use Tygon R3603s "Laboratory tubes" that you guys normally use except the wall thickness of these tubes are thicker. Because the tubes have a thicker wall the OD is bigger even tho the ID is still half inch. (Hope that makes sence to some of you)

(Think of doughnut same hole size in the middle but one doughnut is still bigger and thicker than the other ie the OD is bigger) aka donought king doughnuts comapred to crispy cream doughnuts!!!!

I belive that there are many people who use a tube called Clear Flex 60S who would be in the same boat as me. (Half inch ID tubes but with thick walls)

I want cool sleves because it will help me to make tight corners and prevent kinks in my water cooling loop (I personally dont think it looks that good). I had a sample of cool sleves and tried to jam it over the tubes without sucess.

Initially I chose the thicker tubes thinking that it wont be as permeable to evaporation of liquid though the tubes because it is thicker. Also thicker tubes dont kink as easy although when it does kink its a bigger pain to unkink. Does this make sense to anyone?

Who makes cool sleves? Will they custom make some bigger cool sleves for me?

Last edited:
wun911 said:
Yeah I decided to use Tygon R3603s "Laboratory tubes" that you guys normally use except the wall thickness of these tubes are thicker. Because the tubes have a thicker wall the OD is bigger even tho the ID is still half inch. (Hope that makes sence to some of you)

(Think of doughnut same hole size in the middle but one doughnut is still bigger and thicker than the other ie the OD is bigger) aka donought king doughnuts comapred to crispy cream doughnuts!!!!

I belive that there are many people who use a tube called Clear Flex 60S who would be in the same boat as me. (Half inch ID tubes but with thick walls)

I want cool sleves because it will help me to make tight corners and prevent kinks in my water cooling loop (I personally dont think it looks that good). I had a sample of cool sleves and tried to jam it over the tubes without sucess.

Initially I chose the thicker tubes thinking that it wont be as permeable to evaporation of liquid though the tubes because it is thicker. Also thicker tubes dont kink as easy although when it does kink its a bigger pain to unkink. Does this make sense to anyone?

Who makes cool sleves? Will they custom make some bigger cool sleves for me?

Coolsleeves (or Smartcoils as they've been rebranded) is manufactured my Swiftech. I HIGHLY doubt they'd do a custom order.

Alien1099 said:
Somebody else posted that AR15 buffer springs work well on thick tubing like the commonly used tygon.
'twas me. And yes they fit perfectly over 3/4" OD tubing.
Not as easy as coolsleeves to cut to the length you need but it makes for kink-free tubing.

Back