• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the retrozone--is this a good overclock for a spitfire duron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3line

Well, in my post yesterday I mentioned how my mobile barton somehow got killed during transport and refuses to boot up. I've managed to boot sucessfully a palomino, but since it's not mine, my only recourse atm until a new mobile barton arrives is to fall back on this 700mhz spitfire duron. Quite a mismatch in my NF7 w/ddr500 memory. I am using the D26 Mantarays, btw.

I pencil tricked the L1s and plopped the thing in. After some fiddling, I figured that the envelope is around 1200mhz +/-. So I tried to keep the chip steady at 1200mhz as I increased the fsb. I had no software installed, so these results are just for POSTing and basic diagnostic tests such as memtest. Here are my results:

9.0x133 @ 1.95v
8.0x150 @ 1.975v
7.5x160 @ 2.0v <--this is the one I decided was optimal, idles@40C
7.0x172 @ 2.05v <--I might back down to 167 if I can get it running with 2v or less
6.5x183 @ 2.10v (basically suiciding voltage here)

Of course, with every fsb increase, there needed to be a slight voltage bump. However, at 200mhz, it took suicidal voltages (~2.1) to even get the chip to POST at 5x multi (1000mhz).

Is this behavior natural, and, if it isn't, what do you guys suppose is causing this?

Last edited:
If you can keep it realativly cool, that thing will take all the juice you can give it.
Heres my old thread. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=362367&page=2
About a thunderbird chip I have somewhere......Hmm I have W/Cing now...*evil thoughts*

2.2 vcore isnt suicidle to that chip,(I run 2.1 through my barton) Now 2.4 or above....yeah lol.

Back