• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help on a 3500+venice oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roady18

Hi all im new to all this oc stuff but im learning lol

ok so far i got to 2.4ghz and cant seem to get past any1 got any ideas

comp specs:
fatal1ty an8 sli
amd 64 3500+ venice core with 80mm smart fan rpm 5000
1gig of corsair xms DDR400 (2.5-3-3-7)
leadtek 6600gt exrime version
antec 500w smart power psu

i have loosn the ram timmings to 3-3-3-8 so far i can get to 2.58ghz
but its not real stable run prime for 2mins and get a error
Extclk=235
muti=11x
corev=1.5
DDRV=2.70
VNF=1.5
HTV=1.3
DDRVTT=1.35

any help will be great

Last edited:
roady18....there is no quick & easy formula for o/c'ing that will guarantee a good result for you. Every cpu is different...every motherboard is different. Even some cpu's that are known for good o/c'ing can sometimes just be real finicky...same for good mobo's.
You will need to do some reading...and more reading...and then guess what...more reading...:eh?:

This is a good place to start...http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768.

I knew nothing about o/c'ing...but little by little...lots of reading....trial & error...lots of "no post"...lots of stability testing with Prime95...I have learned about my system...how my mobo reacts to changes...how my cpu reacts to changes...same with my ram...it's ALL INTER-RELATED..:cry:

So....do some (lots) of reading...take small steps...and then as you go along, the good folks here who know WAY MORE than me..:) ..will be able to guide you thru the traffic jams...good luck...and good reading...!!

thanks heaps i have done some more reading and have a lot more to do and im slowly getting threw the wall lol

cheers
Jai

Hey roady18....man...what a weekend....somehow my settings for my ethernet connection got scrambled...had to buy another ethernet card...and still had to have a guy from the local company that supplies my broadband come out just now and straighten things out....whew...I thought that I had somehow really screwed things up somehow...

From what little that I know...your system looks like that you should be able to get a good o/c....hang in there!!!

Immortal_Hero said:
Hope you have better luck with your 3500+, mine tops out @ 2.55GHz on 1.65 volts on H2O :(

Mine too, that's why I replaced it. I couldn't get higher than 2.5Ghz on air, with 1.55 volts. Didn't want to push it anymore on VCore so I replaced it.

Do you have the latest Bios update for your board? when I started my o/c'ing adventure, I couldn't get anywhere either...until I got the latest Bios update....then I began getting somewhere.

I don't know anything about your board, but I have learned that your board is a critical part ....it is the "brains" of the system....no matter how much "muscle" (cpu) that you have...you have to have the brains to control it.

Hmmm...kinda sounds like people, doesn't it..:)

If you can find some reviews or firsthand info form some others here, then you can see if your board is good for o/c'ing...or not...

The adventure continues....

hey i do have the latest bios so far i got to 2.640ghz 240fsb on 1.55 vcore but temps r to high waiting for better cooling to see how far she go's
so far stable at 2.530 ghz and ram timmings at 2.5-3-3-7 so yeah

thanks for help guys

Cooling is definitely important....another one of those "critical" elements...lots of ways to add fans...for o/c'ed systems, your cpu fan should be blowing towards the rear exhaust fan...and a front intake fan mounted down low( most cases have that space available). This creates a good airflow thru the case. You can actually add too many fans...if fans are blowing towards each other, or are creating too much turbulence within the case,...then the hot air from the components doesn't get sucked out of the case quickly enough,and can just keep swirling around inside....more is not always better.

There is also the noise factor....do you want a relatively quiet system...or not? Generally speaking...the larger the fan...the quieter it will be...because it will usually run at a lower rpm and still push plenty of air.

Back