• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

went SLI with new Nvid drivers...lower benches?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

Just added another 7800gtx to my rig in SLI. 3DMark06 results were around 4650 with just one card and the 2nd newest Nvidia drivers (91.31). Updated to the new drivers (91.47) and installed the second card in SLI and 3DMark06 came back with 4620?!?! My CS:S test also dropped by 8fps.
Reverted to 91.31 drivers. Reran 3dMark with the SLI setup and got 7700!

So what's up with the new drivers?!?!

ninjacore said:
Just added another 7800gtx to my rig in SLI. 3DMark06 results were around 4650 with just one card and the 2nd newest Nvidia drivers (91.31). Updated to the new drivers (91.47) and installed the second card in SLI and 3DMark06 came back with 4620?!?! My CS:S test also dropped by 8fps.
Reverted to 91.31 drivers. Reran 3dMark with the SLI setup and got 7700!

So what's up with the new drivers?!?!

Completely uninstall the drivers then re-install. If you install the drivers with a single card and then add the second card in afterward the SLI won't work correctly. You can go from a two card to one but not from one card to two without uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers.

Viper

Back