• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to tweak graphics card???plzzz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subzer0

hi,i know this is a stupid question but i have to ask,
in the properties of the graphics card,what options should i always try to tick or use and whats bad to have on?etc
and i cant get any tweak options at all in winXP? it just recognizes the card even though i DID manually install the drivers.i dont have any particular adjustment properties like in 98se,and my scores in Xp went down to 5700 average from 9500+ in 98se (3DMARK2000) wtf ?
its a hercules prophet2 ultra and im of the understanding that this is a kind of a beast(i maybe corrected).let me know please and thanks..........................

WoW. It's a loaded question.

First thing, try some different video drivers and record your results for each set. XP also has some updates from microsoft.com, so be sure to get them at some point too...

Other settings, like vsynch, may be enabledin the video drivers properties section. In the case of v-synch, you will want that disabled. Other settings will depend on preference, you might be able to increase your video quality but decreased frame production/performance.

There's probably no one thing, other than drivers, that are causing you problems. With XP most windows 2000 drivers will work, so be sure to try the 12.90 W2K drivers with that card too...

Back