• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Vs. 3rd Party Security Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

http://news.com.com/Rivals+skirmish...security/2100-7355_3-6117296.html?tag=nl.e757

Intresting read that MS are still standing firm on not allowing 3rd party security software to be used within VISTA unless you turn off the VISTA security centre but MS won't let that happen. In short Symantec, McAfee, Panda etc sound very very nervous cause MS will have the advantage with the op system being created by them.

Do you think MS should allow 3rd party security software? I do but I would like to see one's with small memory usage. I reckon that people who buy VISTA are going to start with 2GB minimum cause who knows what services will be running in the background. And will they easy to disabled like XP's the one's you don't need.

Old(er) news, and completely bad.

Microsoft needs to do the following to not be completely anticompetitive (extend, embrace, extinguish):
1) Allow only digitally signed security software to be loaded in kernel-land
2) Hand over the signing authority to an independent validation party.

If MS doesnt change coarse they are just going to be braught into another lawsuit.

Back