• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't uninstall Nero 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sage2050

if i try to uninstall it i get a fatal error and it tells me to reinstall. i get the exact same message if i try to reinstall or modify the installation.

There is a good chance that a background portion of Nero is running. Check the task manager for a process that is related to Nero and shut it off. Then try to uninstall it.

you could always go into your harddrive and delete the files manually, but i dont think this is a great idea. you still have the registry and everything left over.

well im trying to uninstall 7 to install 6 (which also gives me the fatal error thing). there are no background nero processes in my task manager either.

you could also uninstall nero by downloading a software called unlocker. this kills the software which can either make you delete it or uninstallit. Make sure to clean the registry when your done.

Back