• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major System stability problems while gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zero cool

Hi

The details of my rig are in my sig below. Basically my problem is I am having big problems when trying to play games on my rig. A few of my games (BF2, Titan Quwest, Company of Heroes and a couple of others) often crash to desktop and in some circumstances even give me the bsod. I have tried various things but to no avail. I am beginning to worry it might be my rig that just doesn't work well with all these games (being Dual Core etc). Can anyone suggest what tests I could do to determine where the problem lies.

My system is working at stock after I had a major crash and had to reset my cpu etc a few weeks back. My temps seem to be ok so I don't think it is my gfx as it should be handle these games at reasonable settings but even at low (very low) settings i am still getting crashes. The only thing I am wondering about is my onboard sound but I kinda doubt that is the problem. basically I have no idea so any help would be much appreciated as playing a game for 5 mins, restarting...rinse and repeat is very infuriating as you can imagine.

Have you run memtest for a significant amount of time? Try running it overnight and see if there are errors when you wake up.

Yes. Run Memtest86 overnight, if there aren't any errors try running SuperPI or Prime95 for a while and see if you get any errors from that. Then report back, soldier :D

I hope this doesnt also apply to you, but i was getting the same thing on my x700 pro. It turns out the ram was dieing on my video card.

OK folks - more Memtest - will do. Then I'll report back. Thank you :)

I had run memtest for a fair while when I built my machine and it seemed ok but a good idea as I try to eleminate the possible problems.

@freakdiablo - ouch - I hope not :(

Back