• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disassembly for Cleaning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

I think it may be time to try to clean whatever gunk is in my system. I regularly peak at temperature of 50+C with a new rennovated water cooling system. This is unacceptable. I assume that somewhere there is some sort of growth clogging something. So I plan to take apart everything and clean it. I have a Swiftech Apogee, Maze 4, and a mag drive pump. Is there a way to take the tops off of those blocks and pumps and be able to put them back together without any leaks? I tried soaking them in alcohol when I had the system apart before, but I guess it didn't work too well.

They should be screwed together and have O rings for a seal. Just be careful not to rip the O rings when you seperate the layers. Also make sure the O ring is in its channel when you reassemble them or you could pinch/cut the O ring.

Well I just took apart my entire setup, I just took the lowest point ot the easiest to get out of the case withoutdisconnectng anything, and put it in a bucket. Unhooked it there so all the liquid would pour into the bucket and to get all of it out I just blew through one tube to push water out of the other into the bucket. It was a two person job for me, my girlfriend has to help me everytime I need to take apart my loop. Hope that helps :D

ObiwanShinobi said:
Well I just took apart my entire setup, I just took the lowest point ot the easiest to get out of the case withoutdisconnectng anything, and put it in a bucket. Unhooked it there so all the liquid would pour into the bucket and to get all of it out I just blew through one tube to push water out of the other into the bucket. It was a two person job for me, my girlfriend has to help me everytime I need to take apart my loop. Hope that helps :D

He meant taking the blocks and pump apart. :)

Back