• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble with optical drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mark49

I just swapped out my MB for a ASIS M2N-E. I'm running two optical drives. When I first installed both drives would read media OK, as I installed software from both. However I didn't test burning. Now however neither drive will read any disks! I've attempted running each drive separately, and un and reinstalled but still have same problem. :bang head

HELP!

Try these things: check your IRQ settings and check the device manager for conflicts. You say you ran them independently but did you completely disconnect one? Are they on the same channel as each other? Are they on the same channel as a hard drive? Some drives and motherboards are REALLY sensitive and don't like 2 optical drives on the same channel as each other or on the same channel as a hard drive. If one is on the same channel as a secondary hard drive, make the optical drive the master and try again.

Back