• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are people getting with an e6600 under water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, what are you getting? :) Here's what i have so far, going to run orthos over night and start clocking higher tomorrow. My FPO/Batch # L627A107 Pack date 8/17/2006
Idle

Load

enz660 said:
those are some nice temps.....i would deff. oc much more.
It's taking too much voltage, but i haven't tweaked too many settings yet. I'm at 1.4v right now, and It's not stable @3.4GHz with 1.4v. :(

dylskee, why are you running 4xP95? each orthos loads up 2 instances on its own, so unless you have a magic e6600 that has HT, there is no need to run 2 orthos. ;)

hUMANbEATbOX said:
dylskee, why are you running 4xP95? each orthos loads up 2 instances on its own, so unless you have a magic e6600 that has HT, there is no need to run 2 orthos. ;)
I know, i just figured it would heat up quicker. :)

i don't think large in-place FFT's will heat it up all the way. use the other option that stresses mostly cpu (can't think of what its called atm), and you can try running it on priority 10, but be prepared to have a sloooooow computer. ;)

sorry for the OT.

i havent purchased yet, thats what im trying to say :)

dyls- i have the same WC setup as you. Im surprised that you cant get further. Only 3.2ghz? I dont want to upgrade if thats all im going to get :( (coming from opty 165)

also, those are nice temps? I idle at 28c with my 90nm opty 165 @ 2.8ghz and load at 37c. The 65nm conroes are hotter?

the C2D's report a more accurate temp than any cpu before it.

the temp sensor or your opty is actually pretty far away from the hottest part of the cpu. i bet you would be pretty surprised to know its actual temps. ;) not that there is any easy way of reading those actual temps.

with water you shouldn't have any probs with 3.5ghz+++. my sig is on quiet air cooling, orthos stable.

I hit 3.5 on air, while not prime stable its stable with everything else that I've thrown at it so far with 1.5125V (reporting 52-53C when using both processors using real world tests idle around 43C)

I came from a Opty 170 that I had at 2.5-2.68Ghz it ran in the range of 40-47C under load with air cooling. And I can tell you this CPU is worth the little extra heat, for the amount of increased power is amazing. Topping right around 60% increase in preformance at my 3.5Ghz speed in real world tests.

jcll2002 said:
i havent purchased yet, thats what im trying to say :)

dyls- i have the same WC setup as you. Im surprised that you cant get further. Only 3.2ghz? I dont want to upgrade if thats all im going to get :( (coming from opty 165)

also, those are nice temps? I idle at 28c with my 90nm opty 165 @ 2.8ghz and load at 37c. The 65nm conroes are hotter?
I haven't really tweaked any thing yet at 3.4GHz so i don't know where my max clock is yet. Still need to play with memory timings and voltages, not sure whats holding me back right now, probably memory.

Back