• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possibly Buying a New Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsaneManiac

Well since the prices of the Socket 939 have gone down pretty far. I'm wondering if I should change out my motherboard and go for a DFI, Abit, ASUS, or a MSI SLI motherboard with the Nforce 4 chipset. My motherboard has served me quite nicely, but in your guy's honest opinion, you think I should just go all out and possibly by the DFI SLI board? I'm interested in overclocking, but not pushing the holy crap out of it right away. I'm a serious tweaker and am always adjusting and tweaking my computer for optimal gaming and everyday performance. I'm very detail oriented and would like to try and see what I can do with a new motherboard if I were to buy a new one. I'd like to get my feet wet and then dive in all the way. FYI, I do know that Socket AM2 and Conroe are out, but the max budget I would have for a new motherboard is $75 to $200 max. I've heard good things from a lot of companies, but I make my own conclusions based upon the performance numbers and benchmarks. I really am not interested in following all the hype of say like the ABIt A8N Fata1ty board. All in all I will be using the same hardware, just switching out the motherboard hopefully Here are the choices I have for a Socket 939 motherboard. What I'm looking for in the board is stability, customization and good overall performance.

Gigabye K8N SLI

DFI K8N SLI Infinity

Asus A8N SLI Premium (With Heatpipe Cooler)

ABit KN8 SLI ATX

Last edited:
Back