• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 1 gig on dragon or iwiil kk266+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sacoon

Registered
which one of these would be best for o/c & utilizing my duron 1 gig ? with the harware listed belowgoing to get a radeon 8500 or nvidia card next weekend [keep this in mind]this pc is an all around machine.used for buisiness schoolwork q3 ut gaming has dsl . am i asking for too much out of one pc ?????thanks for your time!

they were out of the dragon ! so they sold me a Iwill kk-266+ for 110.00 ! I'll be back . gotta back up alot !! then swap out ! again thanks for all who have helped me ! [With my new addition!] WHAT A RUSH !!!!!!!!!! LOL:)

i cant even load windows 98 se ????:( i used all of my old parts as listed below. ran fdisk ,set active ,formated ,ran 98 se boot disk . rom took off & started to load 98 se . loaded it up untill the product key # was asked for . the pc says windows protection error ??? i think theboard is bad !!!!! put all parts in old mobo & everything works great !am i overlooking something on setting up this new board ? thanks for your time !!!!!!!!!

What I would do is to remove all of your boards, except your video card, and install Windows.

After its up, and runing, start installing one board at a time, installing the drivers, and restarting between each one.

See if that helps.

Doctor

i tried that also. didn't help. i went as far as taking the mobo out of the case . putting it on a piece of cardboard& starting it up that way. I have a table set up to build & test pc's to the best of my knowledge. that didn't work. so then i went into the bios and changed the bootsequince c then cdrom. to boot to 98 se.still no go ! going to exchange mobo monday after work. hope this solves my problem!!!! thanks for getting back with me :D

Back