• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU fan not stoping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
um that is normal... some bios has temp settings for different fan speeds. I know DFI has what temp to turn off and what speed to run full on. Typicaly you do not want the fan totally off... if there is no air flow the HS will not dissipate the heat and the cpu will overheat.

It's pointless to have it turn off anyway. Once it turns off the heatsink will quickly heat back up again and require the fan to be turned back on. :p I used to use a Zalman CNPS9500LED with a duct pushing air from the outside directly to it. It kept my processor cool enough that the motherboard would try and turn the fan off, but as soon as it did, it would spin right back up again. It drove me nuts watching it through my case window you could also hear the fan spin up and down up and down up and down... :)

on this comp it is nearly off i can't hear it(800RPM)

it won't sloe down when i set it useing the M/B softwar

Last edited:
Get a decent third-party CPU cooler with a 120mm fan and you won't have to deal with a 3,000-RPM 80 or 70mm buzzer.

Back