• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

754 HS help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

I screwed up, thought the TT Volcano 12 that I had would work with the 754 board but it will not. And it didn't come with any additional clips/mounts.

Need a good HS/Fan for a:
AMD|A64 3400+ 2.4G 754 512K and MB BIOSTAR NF325-A7 NF3-250 754.

Doesn't have to be the 'best', just a ways better than stock.

hmm, I wonder if I could mount the fan from the Volcano 12 on to that.

After thinking about it, and looking up prices. Do you really think, for the money, that either of those is a good fit?

The 90 runs about $36 without fan, the 120 $50 without fan. Not knocking Thermalright, heck I have one in my daughters computer, but for $41 I could put a TT Big Typhoon in it and get better results. Heck I think the TT blue orb II will beat the 90 unless I put a tornado on it and it is $37.

Again, not saying that the Thermalright stuff is bad, they make a great product, but TT hit the mark with that Big Typhoon. Haven't seen much on air that can touch it for the price.

I was hoping not to spend that much money though. Was hoping to stay in the $20's.

vaiopup said:
The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 pro works well and comes with a fairly quiet fan.
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=80&disc=
yep, probably the best price/performance deal for your s754 rig - performs on par with the xp-90 and cheaper, too.

if you can find it for cheap, another possibility is the thermaltake venus 12 - all copper block and easy to mount, though the fan at full blast will be very very loud.

ya, that is what's kinda sticking me atm. The Venus and the Volcano are basically the same HS/fan just different mounts.

what about the older zalman flower coolers? i had one for my s754 system and it did a rocking job at cooling my 2800+. you might find the al/cu on fleabay for cheap

Running these on all of my rigs. The xp-90 lapped w/zalman fan is keeping my two 754, one p4 and c2d's nice and cool. Price is $26.95 plus shipping from svc. FYI, my 754's at 1.61v are running 39 to 40c folding 24/7 at 2.5Ghz and have been doing so for the last year or two. P4 is 42c folding and c2d is at 43/45 according to TAT at 3.15Ghz folding.

http://www.svc.com/xp-90-21.html

Sidewindercomputers has the XP90 selling for $21.95, not $35. They do a great job on both my socket 754 folding rigs, which are running the mobile clawhammer 3000+ procs. And the XP90 can use both 80 and 92mm fans too; I've run them with both sizes and either size works effectively. And if you want to buy an effectivce fan for cooling with it, the 80 or 92mm Delta 3 blade fans are a great choice and aren't too loud.

i suggest freezer 64 its like 24 dollars at newegg. your not gonna need anything else. anything else will be a kill over this processor runs to cool to need anything more. you may wanna undervolt if you can.

Back