• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH No Dual Channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManowarII

Registered
I put together a system consisting of

Conroe 6600
P5W DH
ati x1900xt
2x1 GB G.skill HZ

The problem is the motherboard wont post when the matched pair are in dual channel configuration (both on orange or both on black). However when i put them side by side (1 orange, 1 black) they both work.

What im i doing wrong?

Thanks

BigDan3131 said:
Am I wrong here but havent we always run one in each slot for dual channel?

Oh and:welcome: to the forums

Thanks

Here it is from the manual

For dual channel configuration, install the DIMMs in slots DIMM_B1 and DIMM_A1 (Orange Slots); install another pair of DIMMs in slots DIMM_B2 and DIMM_A2 (Black Slots).

I cant put them in either both orange or both black only 1 orange 1 black...

going to try the voltage thing soon..

RangerXLT8 said:
I know for a fact that gskill memory is gonna need 2.1v to post @ 800MHz dual channel. If it's the kind I think it is.

Uhh... where do i adjust the memory voltage in the bios? :confused:

if its an intel board you might not have the option. they're famous for their lacking BIOS's.
wait for a better reply, I only own one or two and havnt been in the bios of iether lately.

Alright i figured out where to adjust it, but it wont let me... when i reboot it says "overclock failed" or overvoltage

Eh?
You're using G.skill 6400HZ's 2x1gig, right?
Those sticks should have zero problems on your board !
They post and boot at stock (1.8v) even in dual configuration, although you should quickly increase the voltage.

I'm running mine at 3-3-3-8 @360 fsb 1:1 right now, in dual channel.
(voltage 2.2v).
Try running memtest off a floppy or bootable CD on your RAM.

If 2x1GB PHU2-6400HZ's are not working in dual channel on your board, either the board or memory is bad; I suggest you try RMA'ing the memory first, unless you can test and isolate each in different builds.

What BIOS version is on that board?

I have this exact issue and i'm going nuts. :bang head

Memory is Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 BIOS is 1602

Won't post in dual-channel mode.

Anyone please? :bang head

The P5W DH is well known for having issues with memory when running SPD settings. Set the timings manualy that the memory chip says it supports via the BIOS. Assuming you are stock all around you should also start with the manufacturers recommended voltage. After you are up and running you can screw around by manually changing the timings and voltage for OCing...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=4808377#post4808377

Back