• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BE6-II Versions?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rick G

Can someone outline the differences? I'm aware of versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 2.0. I don't know which are bios upgradeable to the next version (I learned the hard way with my current BH6 1.0 board). e.g. Can the 1.1 be upgraded to 1.2? If so, does the bios upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 bring the Highpoint 366 controller to 370? Is it possible to bios upgrade to version 2.0? Which versions are RAID capable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

v1.0 and 1.1 (mine) use the Highpoint hpt366 ATA66 controller and the same BIOS. v1.2 uses the Highpoint hpt370 ATA100 controller without RAID and needs it's own specific BIOS. v2.x uses the Highpoint hpt370 ATA100 RAID controller and also has another type of BIOS. It's not possible to upgrade v1.0 and 1.1 to 1.2 or 2.0 cuz it's about different onboard Highpoint chips. (i.e. I tried using a hpt370 driver for my hpt366 board once but it locks up during boot)

Lancelot,
Thanks for the quick reply...Time for me to purchase a BE6-II now that I know what I'm buying.

Thanks again.

Back