• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP on 2 CDs need it to be one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

I got an issue here. I've got older XP and Media Center installation discs and Apple Bootcamp requires XP to be SP2 and on 1CD or DVD presumably. My XP PRO disc doesn't contain SP2 and my MCE is on 2 discs. Anybody got a solution for getting MCE on one disc?

i don't know about mce, but i've used nlite to get xp w/ sp2 on one disk before

Slip stream SP2 into XP.

Eldergeeks has a real simple sp2 slipstreaming guide.

EDIT: Although you can also use the /integrate switch with other MS updates... I do not recommend it, as it has never worked correctly for me.

As for MCE, its not much harder.. copy both CDs to one place and edit the txtsetup.sif with notepad, to ammend all points of CD2 to cd (as in CD2name to CDname)

nLite works on MCE too. Just widdle it down till it fits on a single disc. Great program.

thanks, I'll try these solutions later this week. Removing stuff out of MCE will be difficult though as the only useless things it installs are games. :/

Couldn't get the DVD to work but nlite was able to whittle it down to 1 CD after removing all of the unneeded language packs and handicap accessible options. Thanks guys!

Back