• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iTunes surround sound problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iaacp

Recently, I've noticed that in itunes, and itunes alone, that it doesn't play sound in surround sound, and instead to the main left and right speakers only. Its as if its a desktop setup. I have a 5.1 setup, but it ignores the other 3 speakers. I checked preferences, but didn't see anything to fix it. Any ideas?

Do you have the advanced speaker setting set to 5.1 in the control panel? Control panel - Sound and audio - speaker settings - advanced - 5.1

This might have gotten more hits in the sound section.

But anyway I would look for a setting in your sound card's application. Do you have a creative sound card or an onboard?

I don't see any setting in itunes that would control that.
But there are settings in soundblaster (xfi) application.
Does the surround work with DVD's?

Yes, I have a creative sound card. Audigy 2 I believe.

Sadly, I never got my dvd drive to play dvd's... I'm going to try and fix that now, too.

Edit: Just kidding! Appearently I never gave it enough load time or something. Well, I got a dvd playing, and now it randomly stops playing in VLC media player. Woops, off subject. The surround sound worked fine.

Off topic: Anyone know of any good free dvd watching programs?

Anyone know of any good free dvd watching programs?

I think most movies have one on the disc. No?

So your surround sound works with a DVD but not itunes then right? Also have you D/L the latest version of itunes that fixed a bunch of bugs?

dfonda said:
I think most movies have one on the disc. No?

So your surround sound works with a DVD but not itunes then right? Also have you D/L the latest version of itunes that fixed a bunch of bugs?

I dont think so? :confused:

Well, I dl'd 7.0.1 (I had 7.0.0) and it actually worked. I didnt even know it came out. Thanks man! Forgot to check the most obvious thing :(

Glad that fixed it, 7.0 was full of bugs.

Here's one of many free DVD software players,
http://www.cliprex.com/

I have not tried it myself. When ever I play a dvd(On the PC) it tries to load the InterActual player, I thought most DVD's came with that.Maybe thats just for the interactive part of the DVD:shrug:

Last edited:
Back