• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TweaK-FreaK

Registered
I have an iwill ka266r

I am having trouble setting up the raid controller on this board. I am using the provided controller drivers that came with the mobo and have tried using the ones off the website. I tell it to load the drivers just before I install win2k and then win2k hangs right where it says "loading setup for windows 2000...."

I can't get past that point.......all my raid settings are correct and have tried removing all the pci cards.....

anyone have any ideas?

Are you setting that to dual boot with WIN 9X or ME? If that's the case it sounds to me that you are missing the option as to which partition to install WIN2K. I've run into this same error message myself and am not real sure where you would look for the option but I know that it gave me a hard time too.

By the way, I've had it happen to me regardless as to whether I was setting up a RAID array or not.

I hope this helps, let us know.

Good Luck!

nope no dual boot................I"m following the instructions in my manual to install win2k on a raid setup.............and it just sits there

Try this:

Shut down the puter, and remove all boards except the Video card. Reboot, and make sure to press the F6 key (I think) when it asks if you have any raid controllers. It will tell you the correct key to press.
When the OS asks for the drivers, plug in the floppy with them on it, and let them get installed.

Follow thru with the Windoze installation until it finishes. Shut down, and start adding boards one at a time, restarting every time, and adding the drivers.

I hope this helps you out.

Doctor

I know how to do it........I don't have any cards in at the moment..

After it installs the drivers off the floppy then it goes through a few more files and hangs right before windows lets u choose which partition to install the OS on.....

I don't have your mobo, so I will ask some questions.

Is there a Raid bios you can go into to set up your array?

Are you using 2 of the same drives?

Are the drives formatted?

Lemme know,

Doctor

ok yes there is a bios. and yes the array is setup correctly

yes I'm using 2 ibm 60gxp 40gb
the drives are both formatted to fat32 or were, but when I setup the raid array then it seems that they become unformatted and then when I enter 2k setup it hangs just before I can choose the partition to install to

I had the same problem trying to install the drivers provided on the Iwill CD. What I found to work is this...download the newest MegaRAID 100 drivers off the Iwill support site here:

http://support.iwill.net/index_e.html

A direct link to the download site is here...

http://support.iwill.net/download.asp?path=drivers&file=signed0818.zip

...the file name is "Signed0818.zip". Extract the files contained within and copy the "Whistler", "WinNT", "Win9x", and "Win2k" folders; and "MegaIDE", and "TXTSETUP.OEM" files to a floppy (you should have the four folders and two files on the disk).

When Setup asks for SCSI drivers, as you already know...press F6. Press the "S" key when asked to load the drivers, install the RAID driver disk and hit "Enter". You should now have four OS options to choose from...select Win2k and you should be all set.

The setup program will later inform you that the RAID drivers you're planning to install aren't digitally signed, and ask if you want to continue with the installation...click "Yes" in the dialog that appears.:burn:

Last edited:
Back