• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista has taken over my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hougtimo

Registered
Hi,

I have 2 partitions on my main hdd, one 10gb partition (server 2003) and one 60gb partition (files / windowsvista). Now I want to get rid of vista from the second partition. I can't reformat or id lose all my files, and i cant delete it from 2003 / xp. I have tried taking ownership of all the folders (windows / program files are the folders in question) and still no luck. I've tried using unlocker, and the tuneup deletion utilites but still no luck. I have also tried adding the drive as a slave into another machine but same problems. also tried from the recovery console, but u gessed it...same problem.

How am i to get these folders deleted form my drive without formatting?

Thanks

HougTimo

Tha would only alter the boot loader back to legacy nt default. I already did that, manually. What I have problems with is getting rid of the WINDOWS and PROGRAM FILES directories left by vista.

Thanks

Tim

Back