• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cry for help with Finding Video Receiving Hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jim Morbid

Hello All

Ok, I'm sick of trawling through my DVD's when I want to watching something, or having it my sister 'borrow' it to some random friend of her, never to enjoy it again, so I've decided to move all my DVD's to a Windows MCE file server. Basically have only one requirement: I dont want to loose any video or sound quality (namely I need to be able to have DTS/Dolby sound at output, obviously depending on DVD audio source). My problem comes in when I want to 'stream' the output... I was looking at using a Xbox 360 because it already has component out (for video) and optic out (for sound) and looks snazzy and is easy to interface. Unfortunately, it only supports the WMV and MPG file extension which, as far as I know doesn't support fancy sound :(

So now I'm stuck... If anyone knows of a hardware device that will fill the void between file server, and AV receiver or if anyone has any recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch!

JM

Back