• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Controller for molex?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crfracer290

Is there a fan controller tha a fan molex power connector can be plugged into. I want to be able to controll some new high cfm fans I have without doing any volt mods? Thanks

Yeah, I was just looking at the sunbeam, Ill order one of those soon, thanks.

I am going to pick up a cheapo one from comp usa just to see how it works, they 5.99 :)

10w p/channel!

BE AFRAID!

I have a CompUSA that is walking distance from me (if I go to the roof, I can see them). I go in there pretty often to check out what is on sale.

I dont know who actually makes the Fanbus but I would be a bit leery of it in case it decides to go wonky and take some gear out with it.

ok well it doesnt even work. I need something that I can plug the fan molex into and controll it with that. the fans I have do not have those little plugs.

You can get 3 and 4-pin fan to 4-pin molex adapters and vice-versa. They're like 2bucks a pop at microcenter or newegg. I use a noise isolator controller with the converters for my stronger fans that only have the 4-pin molex connectors.

Ok I think I will order some of those from the egg. I got these Sunon fans from sneaky and they are beasty and loud!!! I wouldnt mind the noise when benching or gaming, but when chilling in my room, I wont be able to stand them.

Wow, those have 5 dollar shipping on them, maybe I will wait until I need to order something else from the egg.

Back