• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics messing up, leading to...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoSpawn

Leading into me having to forcefully restart the computer. What happens is that today I've had to restart my computer a total of 3 times which is unheard of for my system. What happens is that when I start it up, there are sections of the screen that become pixelated and I cant even move the mouse. The screen constantly flashes as it tries to "adjust itself".

Currently I am in safe mode, and doing a major scan of everything. Spybot, Adware and finally Norton anti-virus. Has anyone delt with this thing before? My specs are in my sig, and I shall be grateful for any and all help

NeoSpawn

Shut down immediately, pop open your case and check if your videocard fan is spinning or not, or whether it's clogged with dust. It might've crapped out (meaning you'd want to replace it) or the HSF is too dusty to be effective. If not it's possible either your card OC is too high and is causing the artifacting, it could be PSU issues (especially with Aspire psu's), or worst case: your card might just be meeting it's end.

Provided the psu isn't failing and the fan's still good, a driver reinstall might be helpful after cleaning with driver cleaner pro.

No my PSU isnt failing and the graphics card fan is cooling it and keeping it at a steady 51C. I dont have my graphics card OCed because it would over heat, found that out early on >< Any chance my northbridge chip could be doing this? I know the fan lately has been noisy and might not be cooling it to its fullest extent. Thinking about replacing it.

To me that sounds like artifacting or some other video card related problem

I would try changing the drivers

Back