• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe - AHCI install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiderhole

Registered
Ok, I just found out by reading some threads regarding other issues that you have to install a driver during XP install to enable AHCI for the P5B Deluxe SATA controller. I JUST installed it with SATA set to IDE mode.

How should I proceed from here? Should I just start over again, do a Repair Installation (No programs or drivers installed yet), or just forget it? What's the speed benefit from AHCI vs IDE mode anyway?

Thanks

well you should just be able to install the drivers from the disk or go dl then newest ones from intel. then go back to the bios and use the ahci instead of ide after installing the drivers.

then only thing i can really compare sata "ide" mode to ahci is from a 945 board. as i just used ahci from the get go on my ab9 pro so i cant say on the same board how much faster it is. loadin windows xp from my lg-81 (945) to my ab9-pro with ahci enabled was noticable.

Back