• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghetto Ice water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupidpenguin

Here is my new ghetto rig. As you can see its accented by the file carrier reservior. Which lets me dump ice in when I want to do some benching runs.

Attachments

• DSC00805.JPG
    DSC00805.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 538
I hope an increase in size of your e-penis is worth the threat of ruining your computer via condensation and possible damage to your WC components from unpurified/undistilled water.

We don't flame around here Alien.

@penguiN-you may want to be careful of condensation and not using distilled water in your loop is not a good idea either. However, to each his own I guess.

Alchemy1 said:
We don't flame around here Alien.

@Penguin-you may want to be careful of condensation and not using distilled water in your loop is not a good idea either. However, to each his own I guess.

That wasn't a flame IMHO, and I've seen plenty of those kinds of remarks at the OCForums.

Just the same thing you said in a more holier-than-thou tone IMO. :shrug:

Alien1099 said:
I hope an increase in size of your e-penis is worth the threat of ruining your computer via condensation and possible damage to your WC components from unpurified/undistilled water.

Why dont you let me worry about my computer, and you can take your "e-penis" and get bent.

I'm using filtered water so minerals shouldn't be a problem. My loop is getting drained as soon as my new res is finished being built. I was just adding the ice for curiousity. Not a long term thing. I think ill be buying a pormetria mach II off a friend of mine soon so i might get out of water cooling all together.

I think that is tight. Why would you bash him for trying out something, its his computer, let him do what he wants; I am sure he knows the risks.

I showed this too my friend and now he wont stop telling me I HAVE to do this. lol

Stupidpenguin said:
Im thinking of trying LN2 i get as much as i want from work for free. Could be fun or dangerous :)

If you decide to test it on your hand to see if its cold enough, take pictures...:beer:

Fx-53 said:
If you decide to test it on your hand to see if its cold enough, take pictures...:beer:

Not a chance. Doesn't do what the movies make it do. It will shrink metal fairly well though, which is what we use it for.

crfracer290 said:
I think that is tight. Why would you bash him for trying out something, its his computer, let him do what he wants; I am sure he knows the risks.

I showed this too my friend and now he wont stop telling me I HAVE to do this. lol

I'm not bashing him or flaming him. You guys are freaking touchy sometimes. Maybe I should have said lawlz o m g u r gonna get da condesning on ur pc lolol!! I'm suggesting he take the extra precautions and safeguard his computer against condensation with some foam and grease. Not only that, but having a huge tub filled with icewater sitting on top of your computer isn't the best setup either. Water can condense on that too and trickle down. With the way he has it haphazardly setup, if his computer gets ruined, I'm sure he'd ask himself if it was worth it afterall just to get a higher # on a readout for a few minutes. Just a thought to ponder.

Stupidpenguin said:
Why dont you let me worry about my computer, and you can take your "e-penis" and get bent.

I'm using filtered water so minerals shouldn't be a problem. My loop is getting drained as soon as my new res is finished being built. I was just adding the ice for curiousity. Not a long term thing. I think ill be buying a pormetria mach II off a friend of mine soon so i might get out of water cooling all together.

Thanks. I'll keep that suggestion under consideration. You have firmly established dominance over me.

Last edited:
Back