• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5.5" Fan Controllers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
does the sumbeam "hum" at all? i bought a cheapo rheobus from svc before and it humed allot when you turned the fans down.

The sunbeam is great. I just bought a second one for use in my up coming project. I have owend my current sunbeam for a year or so and, no it does not hum. I was going to buy from Jab-tech, but they were sold out of black sunbeams. So, I bought one on ebay for $13.98 shipped.

I bought a sunbeam and it's awesome. But what stinks is, I never really needed to buy it. My koolance case died on me, and I took the control board. It's got 4x fan controls and 3x settings. If I only had a multimeter to tell me the voltage readings

If you have LED fans when you turn the fan to '0' speed the lights dont work no more.

I find the fan needs to be at least half speed in order to see the LED lights on the fan.

But sunbeam do make nice fan controllers.

wun911 said:
If you have LED fans when you turn the fan to '0' speed the lights dont work no more.

I find the fan needs to be at least half speed in order to see the LED lights on the fan.

But sunbeam do make nice fan controllers.
No LED fans here. Both took a dump on me. Idea behind this anyways is to turn the fans down so i can't tell by sound if the machine is on or off. :santa:

i've got the sunbeam. i love it.

i've got it combined with a turbotimer mod...works great. fans are controlled by the sunbeam, but when the pc powers off it keeps the fans going for 5 mins for 'after-cooling'

haha

Back