• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Embed FTP login info into a link

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArBiTaL 24

There is no spoon
Hi all,

I have a page that links to my FTP server. However, when I click it, the page shows "Page cannot be displayed". If I hit refresh, I get this error:
FTPFE.JPG

I can then "ok" it, and right click > Login as to login. That's how I've been doing it, but is there an easier way, for example, somehow putting the FTP login details into the link so that clicking it takes me straight to the folder, as if I were just opening another directory?

he beat me to it. also, ive found handy while at school, workin in ms word or whatever.. when saving, in the file name box, you can type ftp://user:pass@server/filename and save a copy on your ftp server. caus when your school is nazi about you takin in floppies or thumb drives,(for fear of virii ha) its real easy to work on stuff at both school and home.

Back