• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8NF-9 will post at 4x HTT but not 3x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shifty803

I have an athlon 64 3000+ winchester and have been able to take it straight to 250 htt without increasing any voltages. I set ram to 166 mhz and htt multi to 4x. Since at around 255 htt I can no longer boot, I tried to lower it to 3x, thinking maybe that was the problem (raising Vcore did not help). Unfortunately, when I throw on 3x HTT, not only can I not boot at 255htt, I also can't boot at much lower settings. I cannot think of a reason why this would happen. Anyone have some thoughts?

I had the same board and I was told that it was very picky about what memory you used and since I had 2 gigs of Kingston mem, that I wasn't going to replace. It was fixed with an A8N-E and I never looked back.

If you want try uping the HT-link voltage, I had some luck with that, but it would still have issues with cold booting.

Back