• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Space Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

war6763

Registered
I'm trying to cool a 3.2ghz P4 (LGA 775) and possibly 1 Video card, nothing special, and I was wondering how thick a Thermochill PA120.2 with 2x120mm fans would be. I'm hoping I can keep it from using less than 1 CD Bay, what do you all think?

Hmms.... If my memory serves me correctly... When this happens, I do this.....

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!:welcome:

Anyhow - On to your question. I dont think youre talking about vertical mounting of a rad - Definetly uses too much space.
SOO... assuming the rad is the thickness of a 5.25'' bay... If you plan on using the highest drive bay to house it... make sure you have clearance between the top of the top drive and the top of the case for fans... Also make sure you have clearance so that the rad gets decent airflow.

Personaly I dont see getting all that done without using 2 bays. But that is a very rough assumption given that we dont know what case you are using with this.

I was thinking of using a LIAN LI PC-60BPLUSII (here or here. I'm looking for something common, nice looking, light, and all-around good value... so what are your suggestions?

I like this case, but I think its gonna be a tight fit, i'm using all 5 HDD bays so... if you can recommend something else let me know!

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!!

Back