• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Tusl2-c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoOtDaWg

Registered
Any of ya'll out there using this mobo? I need to know what mods ya'll have out there for it. I want to know if there is any way to underclock the PCI bus on it, cause I cant get my sys stable with FSB 130 and 1/3 PCI, but with 1/4 it works perfectly. I just switched over from Abit. I had an SH6 and I loved it, but one day it just **** on me...so I converted, but it seems as though I should've gotten the ST6R....but whatever....lemmie know what I can do with this thing....Thanks ya'll!!

:mad:MoOtDaWg:mad:

Well you just got burned. I have been screaming this for about two weeks now that the tusl-2 doesn't allow pci settings under 134fsb, the one thing the tusl-2 burns you on over th ABIT board as also your AGTL/vtt/AUX voltages are most likely out of whack. Why don't you do me a favor and check that in the bios. Look for Auxilliary voltage or maybe AUX voltage. It should say 1.7v but hopefully yours is running right. If you can I would RMA the board just cause of that fact and that it is burning up your chip faster cause that voltage is too high. I had it and RMA'd it. That voltage should run at 1.25v not 1.7~1.9v which mine did.

Hey ol' man. Thought of writing an article for the front page on this? Or asking Ed and the rest to investigate it? Might be something that needs to see a wider audience if it's as screwed up as you say it is.

I think it is a issue cause I have yet to see many get the celery up past 1450~1500MHz on the TUSL-2 which is weird if it is such a great mobo. I have talked to three different people now and they including my self which is four people have found that the vtt/AUX/AGTL voltages are too high. Some have it at 1.5 and others inclduing my self as high as 1.9v. It should be at 1.25v. Everyone including my self has been recomending this board and it wasn't until I owned one myself I found out its faults. If ASUS were to recall this board it would cost them bigtime don't you think?

There are three vio settings on the mobo and they are 3.3v/3.5v and 3.7v.

I also found possibly that the vtt/aux/AGTL voltages went up with increasing of this voltage.

They are for 3.3=1.5/3.5=1.7/3.7=1.9. I think they should stay the same no matter what your vio voltages do don’t you think. I will test this theory on another board I have here and see if the vio increase affects the aux/vtt voltages!

Went and checked the vio settings on my board with a PII too and the AUX/vtt/AGTL voltage stayed the same where it was supposed to be at 1.5v. My other PIII's vtt stayed at 1.5v too no matter the vio settings. I know my ST6's vtt/AUX voltages stay at 1.25v for the celery .13u. Ther has to be a reason why these voltages are required to be within 1.25v for the .13u chips and 1.5v for the older cumines. I think it is the cache voltage. Kinda like our ram is supposed to run at 3.3v~ 3.5v. I have noticed a few times with my board that anything over 3.5v alot of times caused the ram to get quite warm and actually made it less stable. In essence you can increase the vcore cause that is different than the cache but the cache voltages don't want to vary much. I could be wrong about all of this but I am thinking it is correct. I will check another board here soon for the vtt voltages.

So this means that this Asus TUSL-C is not an highly overlockable board that is suitable for Tualatin chip?

ticktack said:
So this means that this Asus TUSL-C is not an highly overlockable board that is suitable for Tualatin chip?

Well in a sense it is not good between 125fsb and 133fsb but above 134 fsb it is just okay in my opinion. The flaws make it to me not a suitable board. Seems that most tualatin chips make it too 1550~1650 and having the option of 132fsb would be nice if needed or lower while keeping PCI bus in spec. I must have ranted here why?

Back