• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Duo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K15

I did quick searches on google but didn't see any detailed info about the power settings of these.
With my Lenovo V100 I always see CPU speed as below 1ghz. Not that it's slow, but it says that even when I have it plugged in. With it plugged in, I want the option to get the full 1.66ghz out of it. Of course on battery, I want the maximum life possible.
The only control I have is with Windows, which is insufficient. Is there any way to manually control the speed of the Core Duo?

I think I got it anyway, XP and CPU-Z just don't measure it right. That crystal CPU thing shows 980mhz when it's on battery and 1.6ghz when I plug it in, which is what I want anyway. Goes down to 13 watts on battery, that's awesome. Not like my mom's with a P4, that thing eats battery power like crazy.

my 1.7ghz dothan laptop can go down to 733mhz i think at its slowest. when i'm not plugged in, if i want full power, i just right click the battery icon in my taskbar, and set it to "always on". setting it to "max battery" turns off the screen after just a few minutes, and runs the cpu at 733mhz. its awesome, i can get almost a full 4 hours of use out of it, and that's when i'm actually doing stuff on the machine.

Back