• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible mod for keyboard and mouse on a 360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

I run my 360 next to my PC, plugged into my monitor and speakers, otherwise I wouldn't even consider this.

Would it be feasible/sensible, considering that I have little knowledge of electronics or chip programming to buy a cheap 360 controller, remove the buttons, rig it up via a parallel cable, or some other similar interface and then use software on the PC to translate mouse movements and W, S, A, D, Ctrl, Shift, Space.

I realise that this is a messy hack, but in the absence of anything more than basic programming knowledge on my part, I thought it might be the only way.
I have been thinking about this for a while but recently Microsoft has explicitly said that they have no plans to enable in game keyboard and mouse support, citing some rubbish about that Xbox Live! nonsense and 'ensuring a level playing field' and I don't want a new tweaked gamepad for more money (which apparently they plan to release), I want my keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:
I can't offer any advice, but i'll be suscribing to this thread, i'd probably get into halo if I could play it on a mouse/keyboard.

From the latest edition of EGM (Nov. 2006), page 80:

"So astute rumor readers should remember I mentioned a while back that the insanely popular massively multiplayer role-playing game World of Warcraft is likely coming to next-gen consoles. Well, I happened to hear some gossip that supports my original claim--it appears that Microsoft has been workong on a keyboard peripheral for the 360 as a way to woo developer Blizzard to make WOW a console exclusive."

Last edited:
You could buy a keyboard/mouse adapter for the original X-box (joyfrag or something I think). Being a 90% PC gamer, I naturally suck with controllers, but my friend ordered this adapter and I tried it on Halo2 online and was owning everyone on my 2nd time playing the game. The only problem is, the mouse wasn't as sensitive as I would have liked since it had to emulate the joystick on the controller.

Edit: It seems they're having trouble making one for the 360 due to a new peripheral authentication chip that is in it. http://forum.lik-sang.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Back