• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe - Unknown Devices?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiderhole

Registered
P5B Deluxe here with XP Pro sp2. After installing drivers for everything there are a couple of weird things happening..

-I still have an "unknown PCI device" in the device manager

-When I plug in a firewire external drive, the "Found New Hardware" Wizard pops up, and the Dev Mang shows an unknown dev entry for "DMI HID". The drive works fine though.

Maybe these two things are related somehow. I have the onboard audio disabled in the bios, btw (running an Audigy2 card).

Ok, just found out the "DMI HID" thing is related to my external drive needing the backup push-button software installed.

Unknown device still unsolved.

I have the same problem. It's driving me nut's trying to figure it out.

P.S. I have the same Sound card.... hmmm.

My model is the non-wifi.
Problem showed up before I even installed the Audigy card.

This is the device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_81EC1043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D8

Possible error with windows registry?

I'm running 0711 bios OnDborder

Also everything in the Bios not in use is disabled... :bang head

pic1copyco5.jpg

I know this sounds silly, since you got Creative Audigy sound board there, have you disable at BIOS the on board sound "HD Audio Controller" ?

bing said:
I know this sounds silly, since you got Creative Audigy sound board there, have you disable at BIOS the on board sound "HD Audio Controller" ?

Bing I owe you a brewski If your ever In the Big apple.

Many thx :clap:

Back