• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX1000 Connection problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

ok, i'v had this mouse for a good 6+ months.

suddenly, the mouse keeps "losing" its connection.

this just started happening only a few days ago or so.

We JUST installed a wireless router, And i honestly can't remember if the mouse was doing this BEFORE or after the new wireless router was put in.

Before, the base sat behind, and to the left of my LCD monitor. which it has ALWAYS been in that spot. and never had a problem before.

So, since these problems, i tried moving the base closer ( less than a foot away now, NOTHING between the mouse and base ) And i STILL keep getting dropped connections between the mouse and base.

anyone have any idea's what this could be? anyone think it could bet the newly installed wireless router we just put in?

uh...how do i change the channel on my router???

Now, i can't change the channel on my mouse/base. Because they both have ONE button, that says "reset". And it lets the two connect to each other.

i have tried switching USB ports as well, and i'm still having problems.

i have to reset the connection between the mouse and the base every...oh...3 min. or so.

the mouse is also at 100% full charge. and still having problems.

and if it IS the wireless, i dunno WHAT to do. As the rest of the family is on wireless now, since we re-arranged the PC, a wired connection isn't possible anymore.

But i have yet to hear my dad complain, and he has the same exact mouse, and the wireless router is about 10 feet away from his PC.

but i'll have to ask him if he's been having any problems. but as far as i know, he hasn't had any yet. So i'm all confused.

umm, what band is it? if its a, it shouldn't be a problem, but if its b/g that would be the problem. I think you change the channel by using an ethernet port and there should be something on the website to configure it. but I also dont think this is the problem. I used a g network with a wireless keyboard/mouse, no problems.

When I'm transfering files over the wireless my WRT54G totally messes with my G7 and MX1000.
The mice start skipping all over the place like they have a 4 sec refresh rate :p

I haven't tried to figure out a fix yet because I don't use the wireless that often.

MoPMatrix said:
When I'm transfering files over the wireless my WRT54G totally messes with my G7 and MX1000.
The mice start skipping all over the place like they have a 4 sec refresh rate :p

I haven't tried to figure out a fix yet because I don't use the wireless that often.

Same here. Same router, same mouse. Well, before I got my G5 anyways.

To change the cnanel, you usually go to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser, then enter your name and password. There will be an option somewhere in there.

I had the same thing happen to me but i got no wireless router, and nothing changed in my system. Really try not using the router and see if the problem occurs still, sometimes it would take 30 min for mine to start having issues, then it wouldnt stop.

I called up logitech support after i went through all their troubleshooting methods on my own before i looked at their site, stated what was going on and then i gave them the numbers off the mouse, reciever and power cord for the charger and then in about 3 days i got a brand new mx 1000 free of charge. That is costomer support for you.

I then did my own testing to see if it was the mouse or the reciever, well the reciver ended up being bad and my old mx 1000 works on the new reciever, but i do believe the old reciever screwed the battery life big time on it. I get about 2 days out of my old mouse and a week and a half out of the new one. So basically i use the new one then charge it and use the old one as a spare when charging.

If the problem really isnt your router then by all means talk to the support people, and see if you can get yourself a working mouse.

I doubt it's the router, but unplug the router, disconnect it whatever, then see if the mouse problems occur.

I'm using an MX1000 (bought about two weeks ago) and a wireless router, and have no problems. I think either your mouse or reciever is bugged, call tech support, the MX1000 has a three year warranty :)

Yeah, I have gone through 4 different MX1000's, and each one's battery life dwindles down to 1 day after only a few months, its VERY annoying, oh well, gonna buy a G7 real soon.

shard said:
Yeah, I have gone through 4 different MX1000's, and each one's battery life dwindles down to 1 day after only a few months, its VERY annoying, oh well, gonna buy a G7 real soon.

If you don't like short battery life, don't get the G7. When the batteries are good they only last a day or 2 lol. Though you only have to switch the battery and not charge it.

My MX1000 is more then a year old I think and the battery still lasts almost a month with normal use.

This problem is deff between the mouse and the router. It doesn’t happen under normal usage of the router like web browsing. You have to be transferring large files that take at least a few min to complete.
The entire time I'm moving files over the wifi my G7 is totally useless. I have to move the reviver like 5" from the mouse.

Though I keep my receiver like 6” from the router :p

well, now i believe its NOT the router. My dad has the same mouse, and he isn't having a single problem.

So i just now un-plugged the mouse, and receiver, put the receiver back to its original USB port. And then turned them both on, and connected the two.

so far, its been about 2 min. or so, and i havn't had a problem.

But that can EASILY change.

So if this is STILL happening, i'm goint to give Logitech's customer support a call. Dunno if i'll get a free mouse, but hopefully i'll at least get some info, and get rid of this annoying problem. I didn't pay 80 bucks for a MOUSE to have it go all freaky on me in less than a year.

Wow, this is the VERY first logitech product that i have EVER owned that has caused me ANY sort of problems.

Well, thanks so far for the reply's. I'm just hoping this problem goes away. Makes it REALLY hard to play games online.

hmm...

i was just messing with the router a bit....i'm actually starting to think it just may be the router.

See, my room downstairs is surrounded by 4 walls of concrete, including the cealing. Its actually cinder blocks, but whatever.

my wireless connection is always 1 bar. I was messing around got it to 2 bars. Whatever.

but while i'd try to get on Eve-online, when its connection, the moust would lose connection.

While i was in the routers configuration page ( http://192.168.0.1 for us ), The mouse would lose connection OFTEN. almost as if any time any large chunk of data was moving back and forth, the mouse would go all hay wire on me.

right now, no page is loading, i'm not on eve, and basicaly i'm not transfering data from my pc to the router and vice versa, and the mouse is working just fine. But i'd almost GARANTEE that as soon as i load up Eve-online, or Click " submit reply ", within less than 30 seconds, the mouse will lose its connection.

Only difference between my mouse and my dads mouse, is the fact that his mouse is a whole 10 feet away from the router, and he's getting a 100% wireless connection, while i'm getting a much much lower connection with the router. Think that has anything to do with it?

this is driving me INSANE. and i can't use a wired mouse, simply because the disance from my PC and where my mouse sits is WAY to long for a USB cord. That, and the extra mice we DO have that are wired are pure JUNK!.

i swear to god, i'm going to have a heart attack over something stupid like this one day. This kind of stuff gets me sooooo frustrated, its sick.

Transfer something big like ur mp3 collection from ur PC to ur dads PC over the wifi. If your mouse acts up while the transfer is going you know its the router.

I KNOW it’s my router causing my problem because the VERY instant I start up a transfer over the wireless my mouse turns to total crap and goes back to normal as soon as it ends.
And my g7 never gets any other interference other then when the wifi is in use.

And both the linksys and G7 use 24MHz so it seems pretty clear to me =)

hmm, i was looking, i can't find out what MHZ/GHZ the MX1000 uses for its frequency.

But i do know that the router uses 2.4 Ghz.

i'v looked at Logitechs tech sheets, says nothing of what Hertz it uses. Anyone know if it is also 2.4 ghz?

I already have Logitechs RMA number bookmarked. but i want to find out if its the router or the base thats causing the problem.

i KNOW its not the mouse itself. simply because i used my dads down here, and didn't have a SINGLE problem, AND i used my mouse on his PC, without a single hiccup at all. So its either the base reciever, or the wireless that is causing this problem.

Argg, if i had the cash, i'd just pick up a G7. but i'm saving for something a bit more important than a new mouse.

zexmarquies01 said:
Argg, if i had the cash, i'd just pick up a G7. but i'm saving for something a bit more important than a new mouse.

Switching to a G7 wont fix ur problem, my G7 has the same problem that ur MX1000 does :p

EDIT: Just looked on the back of the box for my G7. It is 24MHz, right on the back is says "Full-Speed USB + 2.4 GHz Cordless"
I can take a picture if u don't trust me :p

Back