• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 6200 TC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delta107

GeForce 6200 TC or GeForce 6600 GT

Hey, anybody had these cards? GeForce 6200 TC and GeForce 6600 GT
I'm stuck since I'm on budget, and I need a card, for my new system. I might get a geforce 6600 GT, but hey I don't know if I'll be able to sell it later and recover my money. So should I go with 6200 tc? :bang head :mad:

Last edited:
Stay away from a 6200 TC card I have a non turbo cache AGP 128mb version is plays well but it's just a FX5200 with better DX9.0 support and a better shader model etc.

In my opinion a 6600GT is a great choice if your on a budget you can get 1 in the Uk now for £50. But I'm spending a little more and buying a 256mb 7600GS AGP card for £80 it's got GDDR2 memory but I don't care. It has 12pipes, 350mhz core and 800mhz memory plus a passive copper heatsink so i should be able to OC it.

But go with the 6600GT if you manage to get the a good one you can unlock the extra pipes with Rivatuner I believe from 8 to 12.

delta107 said:
I'm stuck since I'm on budget, and I need a card, for my new system. I might get a geforce 6600 GT, but hey I don't know if I'll be able to sell it later and recover my money. So should I go with 6200 tc? :bang head :mad:

Stay away from 6200TC, and go to a 6600GT. At least 6600GT will play games decently. You can also try to ge one for $80 now.

if you value gaming at all, do not get the 6200tc. I swapped one in to my system last night because I think my 6800gt is on its way out, ran it thru 3dmark2003 (not 2005, not 2006) and it scored lower than my p4 1.8 with a fx5700 ultra. I think the score was around 2000, and the same system with the 6800gt gets about 11000. You might be able to run the original CS and Halflife well, but don't expect to run any current game well.

splat said:
if you value gaming at all, do not get the 6200tc. I swapped one in to my system last night because I think my 6800gt is on its way out, ran it thru 3dmark2003 (not 2005, not 2006) and it scored lower than my p4 1.8 with a fx5700 ultra. I think the score was around 2000, and the same system with the 6800gt gets about 11000. You might be able to run the original CS and Halflife well, but don't expect to run any current game well.

* My GeForce 4 MX 420 scores 180 in 3dmark 2003 ;)

I think I'll take GeForce 6600, could someone tell the main difference between 6600 and gt

delta107 said:
You're building a new system, or you're just upgrading your current AGP card? From ur sig it looks like you're building a new system.

If possible, you should go with pci-e... if still AGP, then find something used in classies for best deal.

The 7600GS is an awesome budget card... there was one the other week for like $60 AR... What's your budget?

Unless this is truly going to only last you a month or two, I would spend the extra $25 to get the 7600GT. It's well over 25-30% faster on GPU, and at LEAST 75% faster on mem.

Yeah for sure get the 7600GT it's the new budget gaming card. Or maybe even a 7600GTS if you can find one cheap.

Trap05 said:
Yeah for sure get the 7600GT it's the new budget gaming card. Or maybe even a 7600GTS if you can find one cheap.
Isn't the 7600GT and GTS the same? I didn't catch what the diff was. They're both 12 pipe 128bit 560/1400

i thought gts was clocked lower, but can be overclocked to GT speeds, and should be cheaper.

looks the same to me when i look at the specs... i think it's not dual dvi and that's about it... not sure tho...

I'm of course building a new rig, and I need a cheap solution to make that rig runing. So, first of all the problem is that I can't use my old agp card since p5b deluxe does not support agp at all. So I need a budget card. My budget is really limited. So I want to spend few bucks and get max performance from that budget card.

how much is limited budget? as the 7300gs/gt isnt worth it imo since the bfg/fuzion 7600gs(pci-e) is only $88 at newegg

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

check out the vga chart there. I like to keep that and newegg.com open, so I can match the price and performance that I need. generally, I'd say try to create a budget for $100-150 for a card. Through the past years, I've found that if you spend less than $100, you need a new card in a year depending on if you want to play any new games that come out. If you are like a large majority of people that only play Half Life 2/CS:S, then you can spend a little less since the game is over a year old now. Make sure you pick a card that will get you above 30fps in the game you want to play at the detail level and resolution you want, and just go with that. Anything below 30fps is choppy, so if the card can't get 30fps, it isn't worth the money to begin with.

Thanks for your advices. But as I said my budget is limited even for a geforce 7600 :attn: I have other elements to buy, proccessor, ram and that video card. I don't really care of gaming now so I could get a cheap geforce 6600 for ~75$ and get some performance right? :attn:

It'll be dam better than a 6200 TC card that's for sure double your pipelines and would be able to overclock it as well. I was going to send off got the 7600GS DDR2 card but might as well save up for the GDDR3 version after looking at that table.

Back