• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900gs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattt

Registered
I've just upgraded my graphics card from an ati x600 to a leadtek 7900gs 256mb and now when i play css my fps is fine for the first 10 mins or so (around 100 on my own server) but slow it will start to get worse until it is down to 30fps which makes it unplayable. Any ideas what it could be? The graphic card has stock cooler + stock clocks. I have the 91.47 drivers, what are the best drivers for this card?

Rest of my specs -

P4 3.0ghz
1gb pc3200 ram
mobo is a FIC P4M-PD1 (i think)
Enermax Liberty 500w

Thanks

Yes, I had to format anyway so they're gone. I installed the drivers for the disk then upgraded to the ones on the nvidia site (91.47). My temps through nvidia control panel atm is 42°C just on firefox, msn ect.

I'm having similar problems with my 7800gs from pny. I've tried reinstalling drivers, directX, chipset drivers, etc. My temps get down to about 30 idle, with a window open. I'm going to lend the card to a friend to see if he can replicate the issue.

i went on css and it seemed abit low, restart my pc and it was fine didn't drop (yet) :D

Back