• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming laptop, 1k-1.5k Suggestions wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mrr.guy

Hey guys, browsing the laptop scene, and looking at a couple for gaming.
So far ive been looking at the alienware m5550 i believe it is, and the hp dv9000t. Also a couple at ibuypower.com.
I thought i would post here, as you guys will have some good suggestions. Games wanted to run are CSS,FEAR, and others. My preferences are i would like atleast a 7600/1600 or higher, hd atleast 60, weight does not matter, screen preferably 17inch.

Any suggestions?
Thanks guys

dont even look at alienware, they buy barebones machines like the ones you can get for asus, throw some parts in them, and charge about 300% what they pay.

i agree with ryanmartini, check out dell and also acer. Although acer's laptop that would be most suitable for gaming is kinda more expensive than what you plan on spending its quality and internals are sweet. I think its a x1600 2gig ram one. Check them out.

My dell m700 is not even a gaming laptop(although I had the gfx upgraded to a 7600GS) and it plays almost all my games at medium to high settings. Dell makes the best(performance to price) laptops.

Go for somthing like an XPS(obviously) or an insprion with upgraded CPU and GFX card.

See my sig, took the standard GFX and could OC the hell out of it cus ONLY the M1710 comes with the dual heatpipes needed for the 7900GTX...

Back