• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trinitron blurriness...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

I dont kno if this is something crts all do or something just trinitrons do, but my screen occaisionally gets reallly really blurry, i hit the degauss or whatever it doesnt help. It comes and goes. Anyone kno anything about this? Does this mean the monitor is at the end of its life? :confused:

Thanks for looking.

I don't know for sure, but I guess the monitor is dying.

I had a 19" Trinitron for 6 years, and it started to turn off and on by itself randomly. That's how mine was dying. Or maybe just the dust building up inside caused this.

trueplaya4ever8 said:
I dont kno if this is something crts all do or something just trinitrons do, but my screen occaisionally gets reallly really blurry, i hit the degauss or whatever it doesnt help. It comes and goes. Anyone kno anything about this? Does this mean the monitor is at the end of its life? :confused:

Thanks for looking.

Deguassing is for magnetic damage, not blurriness. Its most likley dying.

mr. roboto said:
Does turning the moniter on/off help at all?

Not really for a brief moment, then it was back to blurry. it does this every once in a while. It just put something into motion yesterday, i went out and bought a 22" widescreen LCD. It was well worth it. So i guess my problem is somewhat solved. Just gettin rid of the CRT is gonna be fun... :bang head

Thanks though.

My past 21" IBM P260 (sony tube) started to loose its color and sharpness after about 4+ years . Seems to be a trait of Sony tubes (mostly aperture grills) from all the reading Ive about them .Not much you can do about it , except start looking for a replacement .

It seems to be a pretty common thing, we recently had to retire 2 sony CRT's because of this. For awhile you could just slap the side of the monitor and it would clear up for awhile but near the end it was hopeless lol

trueplaya4ever8 said:
Im glad i got a new monitor tho, this lcd is so nice... sharp, no dead pixels, 5ms response time, and the fact its a 22" widescreen :D

Curious ...which one did ya grab ? Just purchased the Viewsonic myself , but still checking forums , etc for comments on the Spectre and Samsung models . Although , atm Ive no regrets about the Viewsonic thus far .

stereo555 said:
Curious ...which one did ya grab ? Just purchased the Viewsonic myself , but still checking forums , etc for comments on the Spectre and Samsung models . Although , atm Ive no regrets about the Viewsonic thus far .

I got a Samsung. Model 225BW. I love the adjustable height.

trueplaya4ever8 said:
Not really for a brief moment, then it was back to blurry. it does this every once in a while. It just put something into motion yesterday, i went out and bought a 22" widescreen LCD. It was well worth it. So i guess my problem is somewhat solved. Just gettin rid of the CRT is gonna be fun... :bang head

Thanks though.

Did you notice the bluryness after you got the LCD? Its possible the blurryness was always there. After I used a LCD for a week, I was not able to use my Sony Tubed CRT as the text was to blurry compared to a decent LCD.

PS, I had trouble even giving away my 21" CRT, Tried giving it away for free in the Classifieds, just charging shipping...... Nope....

Tried Goodwill and the Salvation Army, but they stopped taking any electronics, so I found a PC salvage company that came to my house and took it away for free.

Nah it went blurry like everyonce in a while, like to were you couldnt read, it was fine.. but its time came. Im not sure what im doin with it yet.

Back