• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conroe & 3DMark06

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanIdentity

Hey guys, I just built this system:

P5B-Deluxe
E6600
2GB Ballistix DDR2-800
X1900XT

I downloaded 3DMark06 to try it out. When the CPU test runs it literally is a slideshow, it hovers between 0 and 1 frames per second. Is this normal?

Everything is at stock at the moment and my score is 5123. Is something wrong?

That seems about right, mine is the same way, a total slideshow. That is how it is supposed to run. What is your CPU score at the end of the benchmark? If its about the same as other similar CPUs you're performance is on par.

Max FPS in the CPU test is 2. My 945 @ 4410Mhz is probably as fast as your stock 6600 and it gets consistant 1FPS and hits 2FPS a few times in the test my scores are around 2100 in the cpu test. So you aren't doing anything wrong.

This is completely normal. It should be around 1 frame per second. The whole idea of the CPU test is to have the software physically dominate the CPU and take all of the strain off the GPU. The slideshow is normal. So go smoke a cigarette.:santa:

Back