• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something's wrong with my dad"s PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

hey guys i need some advice about whether i can delete this file or not. My parents got hit badly with viruses and Malware. He opens his interent and it pops up as computer is infected try downloading blah blah blah. were not downloading this at all. what do i do. on the run bar it says severe error. The virus thing is shutdown. I went in his files to see if i can delete this file. one thing allerted me iws it 79GB. thats a big file. this file is a TMP file and its labeled as recordings. how can you open this?

Thanks for advice

I would say it is safe to delete it.
In fact if the pc is hit that bad , backup all important data and format it.

Silversinksam said:
If it's a temp file, delete it then clear your temp files, then run an AV scan and a Spyware scan.

If you dont have an AV progi, or even if you have one, you could go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and run a scan, or just get a anti virus scan 'second opinion' from housecall. ;)

Agreed, run CCleaner first, then jump on housecall and scan. Reason to run CCleaner first is so the housecall will have less files to scan.

Best thing to do is backup, install clean, then install avg av & spyware terminator & just leave the windows firewall running without the security center or automatic updates services enabled. Autopatcher can do updates for the os.

yeah I love Avast. my parents have system recovery and i used it and it made the computer retarded which it didnt have the RAM to run the programs. I made backup DVDs and used those so i can delete the OS. Is that true that you cant just delete o OS by putting format C: or fdisk. This is an HP computer by the way.

why do they have system recovery if it erases you RAM so it makes the computer not respond much. What a dumb thiing they put on lol.

Back