• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with older Rambus parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bad ConNecTioN

I am not sure what I should do with my old Rambus P4 parts. I have 512mb of RD-800 ram, and 512mb of RD-1066 ram. To go with this I have a P4 1.9, and 2.0a with two Asus P4t-533c mobos.
To top it off I have a 3.2 Northwood and an ECS mobo, but no spare DDR memory.

Should I sell all the Rambus stuff to get the Northy running for a Linux box, or should I just sell everthing? Is the old Rambus stuff even worth anything? It seems Rambus is still pricey, but there does not seem to be much of a market.

I guess what I am asking, is if selling any of this is even worth my time.

Thanks for any input!

Eh, RD RAM never did last, but you could probably sell it for a decent price on ebay, or trade it off to someone on the forums for DDR ram depending on your needs.

id suggest dumping it all.. try listing it in classy and see if anyone bites.. if not lower your price bit by bit ..

Rambus is worth more $ wise then the stuff has a practical application. Look up the price of a new 512MB 1066 stick on newegg :rolleyes:
Part out the systems and sell them on ebay, people here know better then to buy Rambus gear :p

Back