• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird password problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crfracer290

Ok I started getting this problem awhile back, I am running Windows MCE SP2.

Whenever my computer goes into idle and I come back after awhile and try to get back on my User it asks for a password...I dont have a pass set for any of my accounts and the admin doesnt work. Also it says at the corner "Turn Off Matt" and my PC name isnt Matt.

?? Anyone know wth is going, its not really a big problem, just kinda annoying.

Oh yea, all I do is reboot and it fixes it, and this problem seems to happen on a pretty random basis.

Thanks

Um, the password thing sounds like the ask for password on screensaver exit option is turned on. As Far as the turn off Matt thing...dunno for sure. Have you checked to see if someone was playing around and set up a user account by the name of Matt?

I use XP not MCE, but I assume the screensaver thing is the same.

Well the only password I have setup in windows is the admin pass and I tried that.

Nobody else gets on my computer, I am sure of that.

Admin doesn't work?? Have you checked to see if the password protect on resume checkbox isn't checked as deabot suggested?

Tried just hitting ok without entering a password?

It does sound rather odd, so I'd double check your screensaver settings.

Back