• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #48

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 48th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

glasslicker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
Is this a test? Without looking, I'd guess approximately 8 months ago.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
While looking in the mirror the other day I realized with great horror that I have inherited my mother's thighs !

On a more serious note, I visited with my mother the other day. She is a full blown quad with MS. Seeing her sitting in her chair was a piercing reminder of the importance of the FAH program.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
Um, ok.......I uh don't have anything OC'd other than some very minor tweaks. Are my Dells showing ? :D

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I currently reside in the great state of Arizona, 20 minutes from the mighty Ghetto and only rock's throw from Warrior. Cheer up boys. It's a DRY HEAT !

How did you initially hear about F@H?
While doing research for a gaming build here, I stumbled across the FAH forum. I wanted to get involved but was terrified that the FAH crew would not be tolerent of someone with such a severe lack of hardware knowledge. Boy was I wrong. People beat themselves to death to help me.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
While I havent been as vigilent recently, three reasons. First, for my mom as folding is the only thing that makes me feel like I can actually do something........anything to fight this thing (MS)!

Second, because I have a lot of PC's at my office that are rarely taxed. Once I came to understand the folding software and the process in general, not folding would be selfish.

Finally, a lot of very nice people here (OC-FAH) took pitty on my ignorance and spent a lot of time to ensure that I got my machines up and running. Heck Warrior has been to my house and my office to help me. To quit folding would mean that all of that effort was wasted.

What do you do for a living?
I own a company that specializes in collections and document imaging for the transportation industry

What do you do for fun?
Oh boy, this is where I get bannished. I spend from September through February hunting dove, quail, ducks and geese. I have a gun dog that I have bonded with so completely that I'm not afraid to admit that he sleeps on my bed.

Between March and September, I fish, hike and backpack with Mrs. GL and the pooch, and try not to irritate my lovely wife.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
To be the husband my wife deserves, the trainer and handler that my dog deserves, and to have a positive impact on children from troubled/poor homes by reminding them that they are only hindered by their self imposed limitations in life.

I also want to date two twenty year olds but my wife told me that I don't make enough money to afford two more hotties and a really good attorney.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
To the team ? I would like to say that I remain humbled by the dedication of our members. I thank you for your assistance in answering so many silly questions, and for making me feel like I belong here, when we all know that I have the IQ of an empty can of catfood.

glasslicker said:
While looking in the mirror the other day I realized with great horror that I have inherited my mother's thighs !

rofl
yelrotflmao.gif
great interview! Nice to learn some more about ya gl!

Hey GL, nice to see you again. Any good dumpster finds lately? I found myself a nice little gateway case complete with powersupply to put my pentium 3 system in. I think I'll go again tonight.

Take care of you, and your's,
- Jim

Nice to meetcha glasslicker, that was a humorous interview...fold on!

Hey, glad to meet ya some more GL :)

We have missed your quick wit around these parts!!

Drop in a cheer us up more often!

:beer: :beer: <- but not while handling the guns :D

Nice to meet and know more about you! :beer:

glasslicker said:
I also want to date two twenty year olds but my wife told me that I don't make enough money to afford two more hotties and a really good attorney

lol, what she didn't mention is that you can't afford paying for her attorney...you sure won't have enough money left to even think about one for yourself! :eek:

;)

nice to meet ya , looks like you got some powah , but I cant seem to find glasslicker in EOC or Stanfords site? Are you on a sub team?

Thank you everyone. I'm still around and lurk when I have the time.

I miss everyone. We just merged with a friend's company so we now have more business than we can handle. Hoping that some spare time will be available in the new year and that things settle back down.

I know I'm still folding on a few machines. I think I have somewhere around 330K. I need to get going again.

Smile, laugh a lot, and FOLD, FOLD, FOLD !

Return of the Dumpster Diving Team! :D Welcome back GL! Yep... we're really rampin' up right now. You're missin' out on some good Foldin'. :)

Good to meet ya and hunters are OK. I too hunt, cpus, mobos, ram and HDs. Only thing with my prey is when I gut and skin them, I Bleed!

Good to meet ya man!

Now that im in rural VA most of the year (including huntin season) I think I should start hunting to keep from running out of meal plan money.

After all, i didnt get good at 100+ yds for nothing ;)

Back