• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Original BF2 Forever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mv830

So Battlefield 2142 just came out and everyone seems to be going to it. I am glad because I played the demo and I am definitely staying with BF2. Hopefully 2142 takes the noobs with it. Anyone find they liked 2142? did I miss something amazing or was my judgement correct?

have not tried it yet but from the most part I understand it's the same engine, some old and new textures and objects(trees and bushes are identical to BF2). Lots of people calls it a 50$ mod so I passed and went to a really well made FREE mod POE:2 fun as hell to play and renders are looking like they were made by pros.

I feel the same way MV830. I found the demo just horrible. It felt really unrefined and slow. I'm sure the extras from the real game vs the demo make it much better, but the game looked just like a mod. The graphics were not updated like every other sequel, it just has different textures. Seemed to me that the game got really beginner-friendly and not much for experienced players.

Regarding the noob migration, you'll miss the noobs. I love those matches where I own everyone and my team caps their base and steals their vehicles.

Found the demo of 2142 to be VERY UNINSPIRING. As mentioned , graphics are non-impresive and seem rather slow ; the whole thing just does not feel right . Just a $50 mod .. so Iam passing , atleast till 2142 hits the $bargin bins$ . BF2 has a much better feel and flow to it . BF2 stays for now .

Last edited:
UnrealAlex said:
Enjoy getting bombed by plane *****s while we enjoy our great infantry combat lol.
I plan to stay with BF2 for I am one of those who plays Jalalabad constantly. I admit I have an addiction:D

I have not tried new BF yet, but BF2 was just awesome!!!

Probably the best PC multiplayer game ever in my opinion. I had so much fun playing it and I still get on every now and then.

Yeah I have been searching BF2 forums for ways to get more rank and it seems to me that if you can pwn in a tank or fly a plane you are a master of war. Kind of sucks considering all anybody plays is infintry mode anymore:(

HAHAH now I feel like I am at an AA meeting, except for BF2 fanatticts. Yeah dont worry Josh I am right there with you. I think once my setup is finished being built I will disappear entirely from the known world. I will only exist in Jalalabad, lol:santa:

I bought the 37.99 MOD (BF2142) yesterday and I am such a noob with this new game. It will take awhile before I get the hang of it. I have to admit nothing can take away the great game of BF2, except for them stupid high ranked players who think they have skills but it is only the cheats and hacks they have.

I vote for Bf2. It is better and more realistic and maybe more challenging if people would stop cheating.

I have to admit i am one of those that glitches the rock on the hill in jalalabad. there are no rules of banning for it and it is an easy way to get kills. i feel terrible.....ok i am over it.:beer: Yeah I am at about 121 hours now and I have only been playing about a month. My weekends are devoted to BF2. To those who havent downloaded the patches (1.3 and 1.4) you are missing out. I play vehicle servers still even though I have the 1.4 patch but they are really hard because all your high ranked players play on vehicle servers:-/

Hey ya... I have 2142 and like it us as much as BF2.
Both have thier qualities.

I usually play a few rounds of BF2 and then go to 2142 after all the kiddies have gone to bed.

I take both for what they are. One isn't better than the other...nor is one worse than the other.

You guys can keep the bandwagon mindset of "oh it's just a mod" cause thats less peeps fillin up the servers.

I've enjoyed all the BF series and the mods that follow.

I have bought special forces but only for the 2 weapon unlocks at rank instead of 1 and I dont see myself playing 2142 anytime soon. More then likely the next game I will try is Crysis but I am not sure when it is supposed to come out. anybody know?

I really like the amount of unlocks in 2142, but the chopper/attack thing sucks compared to choppers in BF2, yes I am a chopper jockey :D So I will stick with BF2 for now.

Well I definitely need to play with you sometime because I always seem to get jousted to the team with crappy heli drivers. I have tried learning to drive tanks and stuff but its rough at the beginning. I am pretty good at jets but I have flown co pilot with some crazy pilots :santa: what rank are you BTW?

Original?

I found that BF2 was not as exciting as real original BF1942 and Desert Combat mod. The main reason I played BF2 is that it is so hard to find a good full 64/64 server for BF1942 and DC lately. Every high-end server bandwagon jumped onto the train of running BF2 instead...

BF2 is not better, other than the graphic engine, squard, medic revive, and fixed tank machinegun direction. Not even the artwork... DC has much more realistic looks for M1A1 and M2A3, also AH64 looks much better than the silly chopper whatever it is called in BF2 which looks like a fat fish. Basically everything in DC looked exactly the same as what I saw on TV news. And DC Artillery took skills plus it was a part of the major fun, BF2 made it could be done by 3-year-olds and not funny at all but a pain on the neck for the ones being blown into sky repeatly by no skill 3-year-olds. Also BF2 is so unbalanced because of no personal stinger which DC had. 1942/DC also have generally larger open fields, and many many more armors/vehicles available than BF2, so much better for armor battles and easier/fast/save time to go from one place to another. Hated the slow regular running speed in BF2, sprint doesn't last long. Maps take ages run from one flag to another with so few vehicles.

Still have to play it though :( Really can't find low ping 64 near full 1942/DC any more. Not going to buy 2142 what so ever. It is just like another mod.

Someone mentioned infantry battle, CS and its mods are the best infantry battles in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah like I said, the patches are the only thing I will ever get. what I like about infintry mode is that there is no artillary. Yeah its a lot of running but you get use to it. As for download time, get a better comp. My friend just rebuilt his comp and with a few upgrades he loads into servers 30 seconds before my friend. :beer: I have to deal with a dell thats ancient:( . cant wait to finish the new rig

i never thought bf2142 was going to work out. to me it seemed like it was going to be another bf vietnam

Back